August 5-8, 2021
Hybrid. IoT Village will be on site in the Bally's and in the DEF CON Discord
CFP Deadline: June 30th
If chosen, the speaker will be responsible for all costs including travel, and lodging.
!!! DEF CON badges will be given to CFP submission speakers (first come first serve) !!!*subject
to change based on COVID-19*
All talks related to IoT security issues are welcome, with special emphasis on any of the following
- Internet of Things - Show us how secure (or insecure) IP-enabled
embedded systems are. Routers, network storage systems, cameras, HVAC systems, refrigerators,
medical devices, smart cars, smart home technology, and TVs. If it is IP enabled, we're interested.
- Vulnerabilities and Remediation - Show us the what 0-days, exploits,
or vulnerabilities you’ve found in an IoT device and then how the security flaw can be fixed. It
great to pull off a hack, but how do we fix it going forward.
- Demonstrable Research - Present attacks that result in mechanical
operation of the device's physical functionality. Can you make the device move, smoke, light up,
emit sound, manipulate a screen readout, or any other visibly evident manifestation of the exploit?
- Healthcare & IoT - Demonstrate or discuss how IoT devices are
impacting the realm of healthcare, including but not limited to patient health and hospital
security. Travel, Hospitality, and IoT - Analyze how IoT is impacting the travel & hospitality
industry, guest safety, and the connected hotel room.
- IoT Device Management – Discuss best practices for deploying and
building security into IoT devices.
We encourage coordinated disclosure.